Monday, January 2, 2012

Ocean of Intentions

morning sight

Last year I bought my partner a book called Ocean of Dharma, since his dharma name is Ocean of Diligence. The book is structured around 365 quotes from Chogyam Trungpa, curated by the editor of the daily email digest by the same name as the book.

Part of my new year includes giving myself ten minutes in the morning and evening for sitting meditation. It sounds like an easy gift, 20 minutes a day, but for a working mother of small active children, it is a gift that must be forcibly taken from the daily demands of caring for a family. To help keep me on track, I decided to use this book as material for reflection. Though each entry is only about a paragraph, I read them before each sitting. The first one helps me to frame my day's actions and thoughts and the second reading gives me a chance to reflect on the day and how I used the words of wisdom, or didn't use them. I am of course only on Day Three but I like the rhythm that it is giving to my days and I hope that it is a resolution I do not abandon.

No comments:

Post a Comment